The American Institute of Wine & Food is a national non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the understanding, appreciation and quality of wine and food through fun educational experiences in support of our signature Days of Taste® and Scholarship programs.
These shared beliefs are the principles we hold most dear and which energize our action...
- We share our passion for the knowledge of food and drink with our membership and with a broad public through our chapters, programs and publications.
- We communicate the health and social values that matter most to us through our programs and publications.
- We preserve the regional and ethnic culinary heritage of the table.
- We educate others on quality food and drink.
- We encourage professional research to grow our culinary culture and knowledge.
- We encourage preparation of enjoyable, healthy food and the pleasures of eating with family and friends.
- We communicate and teach others about the value of healthy, flavorful meals and about identifying high quality, good tasting and healthy ingredients.
- We are individually and collectively responsible for the success of our mission.
- We are fair and consistent and treat all people with respect.
- We base our decisions on the best available information, science and technology.
- We value all who are members or staff of our organization.